Have you moved recently? Is your child attending college in another state? Did you land a new job with new benefits? If so, you might be searching for a dentist.
Well, you’re in luck. With more than 145,000 dentists in 292,000 locations, Delta Dental has the largest network of dentists in the United States. And if you live in Arizona, you have more than 3,200 network dentists at more than 7,250 locations to choose from.
But how do you find a network dentist, and more importantly, how do you find the best dentist for your family?
Finding a Delta Dental Dentist
You can easily find one of our network dentists using the provider search on our website or on your smartphone via the Delta Dental mobile app.
Both tools will allow you to search different dentist’s locations. They will also show you different dentist specialties, as well as which dentists participate in the PPO network and/or Premier network. Keep in mind that if you choose to visit a PPO dentist, you’ll usually pay less for services but still receive great care.
Choosing a New Dentist
When you choose a new dentist, you are making an important decision for you and your family. While you may rely on recommendations from family and friends, the needs and wants of others may or may not match yours. That’s why it’s important to call or visit any prospective dental offices prior to making an appointment. Use this as an opportunity to see how the office staff treats you and ask questions like:
- What are the office hours?
- What is the dentist’s educational background and credentials?
- What should you expect during the first exam?
- What is the dentist’s approach to preventive dentistry?
- What type of anesthesia is the dentist certified to administer to help you relax and feel more comfortable during any necessary dental treatment?
- What arrangements are made for handling emergencies outside of office hours?
For more tips on finding the right dentist for your family, download our guide for choosing a new dentist.